Join NAAAP Colorado Board of Directors!
Are you a seasoned professional wanting to give back? Do you want to work with other motivated leaders? Do you want to grow leaders in the Asian American community? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, consider joining the NAAAP Colorado Board of Directors.
The NAAAP Colorado Board governs, advises, and oversees NAAAP Colorado policies and promotes NAAAP’s mission to build leaders. Board members are leaders in the Asian American community and offer invaluable guidance, connections, and support to the NAAAP Colorado chapter.
Board members hold 2-year terms and meet regularly 1 per month. Board members are elected by NAAAP Colorado members.
- A NAAAP Colorado member in good standing (active and membership paid in full)
- 21 years of age or older
- Able to meet 1 per month for Board meetings
- Meet six or more of the following criteria:
- Have 50+ hours of non-profit leadership
- Have 5+ years of professional experience
- Serving no more than one other board of another organization
- Has been responsible for $5000+ funds within non-profit or corporate role
- Resident of Colorado
- Has served on NAAAP Executive team
- Able to provide one or more key leads that result in corporate sponsorship or new leaders to the team
- Able to raise $500 in Board giving or $1000 in corporate sponsorship
- Feb 1-28: Call for Board Nominees; Nomination Committee will confirm nominations
- Feb 29: Candidates notified and Announced to NAAAP Colorado Membership
- Feb 29-Mar 11: Voting
- Mar 13: Board of Directors Announced
To ensure Bylaw and election process compliance, the Elections Committee has oversight of the election process and is comprised of:
- Jean Lo, National Liaison
- Roger Liu, President
- Ophus Wong, Vice President
- Kirk Matsuzaki, Secretary
- Jessica Moy, Leadership Programming Committee
Please direct any questions related to the Board or election process to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Nomination Submission Instructions
To submit nomination for the Board of Directors, please complete the following by Feb 28, 2016, 5PM MST.
- Send your Bio and Resume to “email@example.com“
- Complete the following form (your responses will be presented to the general membership)
About the NAAAP Colorado Board of Directors
The Board’s purpose is to govern, advise and oversee policies set by NAAAP Colorado, and to assist with the leadership and general promotion of NAAAP Colorado’s mission. Moreover, the Board defines the long-term goals and strategies by which the President (and the Executive team) follow and implement. Each member of the Board is elected by members of NAAAP Colorado (with the exception of the President who is appointed by the Board.) Board Director responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Help determine the organization’s mission and purpose
- Develop and approve strategic plans and major commitments
- Govern the organization by broad policies and objectives
- Acquire sufficient resources for the organization’s operations including participation in fund raising
- Exercise overall responsibility for the fiscal affairs of the organization ensuring the fiscal integrity of its operations using standard business and management practices
- Serve as public ambassador for the organization promoting awareness and good will
- Appoint the next NAAAP Colorado Chapter President upon the end of the current President’s term
- Length of term: 2 years with the option of renewal. Position may be renewed up to a maximum of 3 consecutive terms
- Time commitment: At least 1 Board meeting per quarter; Potentially more meetings as required by the Board.